Record growth in passenger numbers and aircraft movements contributed to Hawke’s Bay Airport exceeding 500,000 passengers for the first time in the Company’s history and delivering another strong financial performance for the financial year.
The Hawke’s Bay Airport Annual Report for the year ending 30 June 2016 highlights include:
• Total passenger numbers increased by 18.9% or 89,942 to reach 566,431.
• Total revenue of $5,269,654; an increase of 20.4% on the previous year ($4,376,725) and $460,000 or 9.6% ahead of budget.
• Profit after tax of $1,403,906; 13.4% ahead of budget and 6.5% up on the previous year.
• A dividend of $527,371 was paid out to shareholders in December 2015. Shareholders include the Crown 50%, Napier City Council 26% and Hastings District Council 24%.
Hawke’s Bay Airport Company Chairman Tony Porter said; “It’s been an exceptional year for growth and development at the Airport. With two new airlines, Sounds Air and Jetstar, commencing scheduled services from the region coupled with strong growth from Air New Zealand, we’ve hit an all time high in passenger numbers passing through the Airport.
“This significant increase in aircraft movements and passenger numbers has placed associated demands on Airport infrastructure. As a result, we invested significant time and money during the year to ensure the Airport Company has the appropriate infrastructure in place to manage the growth and improve our customer experience.”
“At the beginning of the year we undertook a customer engagement survey, which provided us with valuable insights into the facilities and enhancements required by airline passengers and visitors to the Airport. I’m proud to say that almost all of the feedback has been incorporated into our plans and is already in operation or will be incorporated within our new developments,” said Mr Porter.
He went on to explain; “We have some significant initiatives rolling out over this coming financial year. The carpark upgrade is almost complete which has seen the secure carpark almost double in size. The north end of the main carpark will be resurfaced over the coming months.
“The terminal redevelopment project, including a new Airport Fire Station, is a priority for the Airport Company. Construction work is scheduled to start in the New Year and to be completed in 2018. And we are working in partnership with NZTA and the Napier City Council to develop a new entranceway to the Airport. All very exciting developments for the region,” said Mr Porter.
Hawke’s Bay Airport developments for the financial year July 2015-June 2016
• Sounds Air and Jetstar commenced scheduled services in the region
• Additional new car parks and facilities, including improved lighting, new baggage trolleys, wider and more visible footpaths to the terminal, additional entry and exit points
• New rental car and valet facility was developed on the business park
• New café Kete Kai operated by Orton Tailored Cuisine opened
• Continued sponsorship of Hawke’s Bay Tourism to the value of $40,000
To review the Hawke’s Bay Report in full please visit: http://www.hawkesbay-airport.co.nz/assets/Docs/About/HBAL-Annual-Report-2016.pdf